This is the book your child wants you to read.
Finally, a book that gives you the practical and supportive advice you need. This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids addresses all the questions and concerns you have about your gay child, including:
- Is this a choice?
- My child wants to come out at school, but I'm concerned for their safety.
- This goes against my beliefs, but I want to support my child--how do I reconcile that?
- How do I handle sleepovers?
- When should I tell people? Whom should I tell?
"In our forty-plus years of work with parents, families, friends, and allies, PFLAG has seen how critical family acceptance is to the health and well-being of their lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender loved ones. This book, focused mainly on sexual orientation, is a great companion to PFLAG's work, providing parents information on how to best support a loved one in a manner that is sometimes funny, often frank, and always easy to access."
- Jody Huckaby, executive director, PFLAG National
Paperback- 240 pages